Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to go on a road trip with #3272 and will be doing a lot of night driving and was wondering if anyone has installed the zenon or blue halogen lights. Have there been any problems with melting the headlight assembly that anyone knows of and/or charging system problems? My motorcycle is in the shop for a fried charging system and I had the Blue Halogen lghts in it, so I'm a little skittish about hurting my baby. Can anyone shed a little "light" on this matter or "enlighten" me as to what would work? :smile: Thanks.

BTW..The motorcycle shop doesn't know if it was the lights or some other freak thing so I don't know if the lights caused it or not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CoolerKing on 2001-11-06 10:17 ]</font>

·
Registered
354 Posts
Last week I installed 80/100 watt Zenon bulbs. My commute to work in the morning is anywhere from .5 to 1.25 hours, and it's dark, so I've got the headlights on.

I have not seen any evidence of "melting lenses" or "cooking of the wire harness" or blown fuses.

Hope this helps,
Randy R...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Headed up to Michigan for the holiday but I'll be coming your way the 30th. Meeting some friends, probably, in Greensboro. We haven't decided on the location yet, but we're all coming from NC, GA, and VA and trying to come up with a half way point.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Had mine in since June and no problems.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-06 16:52, Crimecrusher wrote:
Had mine in since June and no problems.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Crimecrusher, where did you get yours at and what kind where they? Can you get them at a local Trak Auto or something or from a speed shop?

·
Registered
124 Posts
got them on ebay for $10

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Crimecrusher: what kind are yours?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Off road blue xenon. Looks pretty cool too!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Crimecrusher, are you using 9007 bulbs? Maybe a dumb question, but are all Xenon Blue made by Phillips?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts