Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have one and plan on keeping it for a very long time, anyone have any feelings on having a Diamond Gloss application from Ziebart? As you can see, I live in a place with not so great weather. I don't plan on driving it much in the winter anyway, but I still want the max protection possible.
Good idea or waste of money?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Junk. Save your money. No matter how inexperienced you may be with car detailing or applying wax, you'll do a better job yourself than having the Ziebart pirates screw with your car.

Honestly, they should hoist the Jolly Roger flag at their franchises. Just a bunch of marketing BS so some no-talent clown can make his boat payment.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Save your money

I agree with the others. As someone who has owned and managed auto detailing shops, as well as being involved in several restos, save your money and use a high quality wax from Meguires or Mothers etc. Purchase a reasonably-priced orbital (not high speed) buffer and you will get professional results. You can use the orbital to apply and remove the wax. You can get a decent orbital for under $100. Get some extra terry cloth pads as well. A high speed buffer is good for removing deeper scratches, overspray etc., but if you haven't used one before, get someone who knows how to handle one to teach you. It's too easy to burn the paint or damage trimwork on the car if you don't know what you are doing. Keep wax off of textured/flat-finshed areas and work in the shade and you can get great results.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
When I had my '01 Bullitt I had it done every year and had no problems. They did an excellent job. It definitely lasts much longer than wax. The first year I waxed the car every month. After that I had it Ziebart apply the Diamond Gloss in April and it looked great all season.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great info. I think I'm going to skip out on the Diamond Gloss. I don't know a damn thing about detailing, but I know a guy who used to be a body man. I think I'll pick up my own supplies (including a reasonably priced orbital) and have him teach me. It would be nice to learn a new skill but also not put the fate of the car in someone else's hands.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Go, Al

Good choice, Al. Plus the satisfaction of a job well done and admiring the results of your labours. (Almost) instant gratification.:smile: Eventually you can graduate to scratch removal and other useful skills.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Griot's Garage has great detailing tips and products (though a bit expensive). They have an orbital that won't burn your paint made by Porter Cable. If you can figure out the model number, you could get it cheaper at Harbor Freight or a similar place. Good luck....not too many years ago I didn't know how to spell 'wax' but got great tips from others along the way. With decent products and a little common sense you'll do fine.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
The ford dealer i bought my Bullitt from uses Auto Butler paint protection plan,applied every 6 month had my first treatment last week.I was happy with the results. Guess it depends on who does the work for you.I have a close relationship with my ford dealer ,who i've been using for the last ten years.

G'DAY,Eddie:wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.